Panasonic To Announce GH4 Tomorrow, Feb 7th
Panasonic To Announce GH4 Tomorrow, Feb 7th. The rumor mill is alive and well, talking about Panasonic’s newest Lumix that will be announced tomorrow Feb. 7th. It’s speculated to be an update to the current GH3 which I’ve been using for a bit over a year now. The newest GH4 will have the added ability to shoot 4K video based on predictions currently swirling. I’m not sure how much I’ll be using this feature but as I continue to do more and more video, this update will be a great option to have available. My favorite Micro 4/3’s rumors website 43 Rumors has announced additional information about the upcoming GH3. I’ve listed their predictions below.
43 Rumors predicted on it’s web site that the newest Lumix GH3 will have these features.
- 16,05 Megapixel sensor. It’s a new sensor with semi-conductor protection tech to reduce noise and improved dynamic range.
- quad core processor and venus Engine
- ISO up to 25,600
- 12fps, 7,5 fps with continuous focusing
- GH4 uses the new UHS I class III SD card format
- Depth From Defocusing (uses Panasonic lens database to fine tune AF!)
- AF as fast as 0.07 seconds. 49 AF points.
- 4K video at 4096×2160 pixels and max frame rate of 96fps.
- Bit rate of up to 200Mbp
- Magnesium body
- Price not unveiled yet
- There is an optional Interface Unit (see image below). Has 2 XLR, 4 SDI, micro HDMi output, color bar signal, audio reference signal, external time control
If they are correct about 12 FPS, with 7.5 in continues focus mode, that will be hard to believe. I’m willing to be surprised however. I’m hopeful that the predictive focusing capabilities of this camera have been improved as well. The current GH3 just can’t compete with my Nikons in the follow/predictive focus category of image capture. I’ve been shooting the GH3 extensively in the past six months, trying over and over again to get the kind of images my Nikon’s easily make happen in action related situations. Unfortunately I’ve finally come to grips with the fact that the GH3 just can’t compete in the action category. I’ll be excited beyond belief if this changes with the new camera update.