Tomorrow is Give to the Max Day! It’s a huge opportunity to demonstrate how much you care about protecting the Boundary Waters. Now is the time to give and support Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness and the Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters.
Your gift right now on GiveMN.org will be matched, dollar-for-dollar, up to $77,000. You don’t have to wait until tomorrow!
The Campaign to Save the Boundary Waters has grown tremendously over the past year. Thanks to the tireless efforts of our professional staff, hundreds of volunteers, and the generosity of people like you, we have:
- Delivered more than 60,000 petition signatures to key decision-makers in Washington, D.C.,
- Made over 15,000 phone calls to engage new supporters,
- Earned the support of veterans, hunting and fishing outfitters, archery top compound bows of 2018 suppliers and organisations, Wilderness-edge businesses and outdoor industry organizations, and a broad range of businesses that understand the importance of the Boundary Waters to the quality of life and business climate in Minnesota,
- Led trips to Washington, DC, nearly every month for representatives of these groups to meet over 150 times with the Department of Interior, the Bureau of Land Management, the Department of Agriculture, U.S. Forest Service, and Congress,
- Continued to produce important scientific research and reports, video, maps and other educational tools to share our message,
- Driven increased reporting on the sulfide-ore copper mining threat, with hundreds of articles published in media outlets across the country,
- Hosted countless events and successful advocacy projects such as the Bike Tour to Save the Boundary Waters and the Minnesota State Fair.
These efforts are raising awareness and influencing policy. In April, U.S. Rep. Betty McCollum introduced H.R. 2072, the National Park and Wilderness Waters Protection Forever Act, to permanently protect the watershed of the Boundary Waters from sulfide-ore copper mining. Thanks to our advocacy, it now has 29 co-sponsors across the country. In addition, no sulfide-ore copper mining leases have been issued or renewed in the Boundary Waters watershed.
You make all of this possible. We will continue to do the work necessary to prevent sulfide-ore copper mining in the watershed and protect the Boundary Waters for future generations, but our success depends on the generosity of people like you. If you’d like to help, please make a gift today.
Your gift right now will be DOUBLED by generous donors, up to $77,000. Please don’t wait. This opportunity is only for a short time. Help us protect the Boundary Waters for today – and for future generations.
Thank you so much!
Doug Niemela, National Campaign Manager