Good News for Micro Four Thirds
There’s more good new for Micro Four Thirds shooters. In a Photo Gear News interview, from the Marketing Director of Lumix in the UK, we’re told there is no way Panasonic is giving up on MFT. The simple reason being that MFT and APS-C, smaller sensor cameras, make up 70% of camera sales overall. The big, expensive, full-frame cameras are the other 30%, and that’s the market the new full-frame Lumix S Series cameras will be shooting for. A video of the interview is below, and you can skip to about 3:15 for the MFT declaration.
That’s good news since there is ongoing speculation from some on YouTube that Panasonic should give up on MFT. What a load of crap. The frustrating part of this kind of talk is people believe these YouTube pundits, and it can affect the sales of the current cameras. Thus the reason I’m adding this additional post to go along with my post The State of Micro Four Thirds.
Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet. MFT is here to stay for the foreseeable future and I’m excited it is.