Lumix GH5 Ideas from Markus Bolliger
As we all know you are in contact with leading managers of Panasonic, I would like to ask you to communicate them our wish list for the upcoming Lumx GH5.
Here come some proposals which should be included in that list, in my opinion:
1. Introduction of IBIS, in cooperation with OIS – for better usage of lenses without OIS, and better stabilisation of long tele-lenses with OIS AGREE
2. EVF (Viewfinder): At least as good as the one in the new GX8 – but with less tendency to darken in very bright lighting conditions (sun over snowscape for example) AGREE
3. Combination of self-timer (autotimer) with auto bracketing
4. Brackets in auto bracketing mode should be possible up to 3 EV’s (now only up to 1 EV)
5. Sensor: I prefer more dynamic range and less noise with higher ISO’s to more pixels! 16MP are enough for me, but more are also okay, if not lowering general image quality. AGREE
6. Bigger buttons (Fn1, Fn2, Fn3, ISO etc.) – to hit them blindly more easily
7. Eye-cup should be better fixed – it too often drops off AGREE
8. Wireless flash functionality shoud be improved and simplified AGREE – We need radio flash not IR
I can only hope you agree with these suggestions!
The GH4 already comes close to the perfect camera in my view, but there are still some useful functions resp. improvements possible to make it even better – isn’t it? AGREE with near perfection but always room for improvement.
Thank you very much in advance for every effort in this matter!
With best regards from Switzerland,
Markus, thanks for the great input. I’m happy to put this up on the Blog in hopes that the folks at Panasonic read this. Can’t guarantee anything and as far as the GH5 goes I’ve not had any discussion with Lumix on this subject in any way. If they would ask I would be happy to add my ideas but to date this hasn’t happened. I’ve added comments in red that I agree with wholeheartedly.