Aki Murata of OM Digital Solutions (Olympus) Interview
OM Digital Solutions (Olympus) is off to a great start. In this recent interview by DPReview, Aki Murata talks about the new company being much more nimble. You can read why that’s an advantage in the future for not just still photography but video as well. I’ve been in contact with folks at OM Digital Solutions since the sale, and I’ve been very impressed. In particular the transition has seemed almost flawless.
I’m not going to rehash the entire interview. You guys and gals can do that for yourself by following this link, Aki Murata of OM Digital Solutions. But I wanted my readers to be aware that I’m feeling more and more confident about the world of Micro Four Thirds.
- New products coming in 2021
- No interest in labeling their customers as pros or amateurs
- Being a smaller company will make them much more nimble to changing trends
- Tough compact cameras will continue
- More AI & computational features will be used in their mirrorless cameras for advantages others don’t have
- Continued development and improvement of Image Stabilization
- 150-400mm has sold way, way more than they expected
Murata San was pretty vague with many answers, but then it’s impossible to be too descriptive since you give the competition the heads up. After my nearly four months with the new 150-400mm, I’m more and more confident in the professional quality products this company can produce, even if they don’t want to differentiate their user base.